Meet your Denture
The Denture King!
Contact Us Now
Complete & Partial Dentures in Salmon Arm, BC
There are two main types of dentures:
How Do Dentures Work?
In complete dentures, a flesh-colored acrylic base matches over your teeth. The top denture’s bottom covers the palate, while the lower knee is shaped like a horseshoe to accommodate your tongue.
Dentures are custom-made at a dental lab. The dentist will take impressions of your mouth and then determine which of the three varieties of dentures described below is most appropriate for you.
New dentures may feel awkward or painful for the first couple of weeks or perhaps months. Eating and speaking with dentures may take just a little practice.
How Long do Dentures Last?
Your denture will have to be relined within a time, remade, or rebased due to normal wear. Rebasing means making a new foundation when keeping the present denture teeth.
Additionally, as you get older, your mouth naturally varies. These changes cause your dentures to untie, making chewing annoying and bothersome to your teeth.
At a minimum, you should visit your dentist annually to get a checkup.
Denture Care tips:
- Dentures are fragile and might break if dropped.
- Don’t let your dentures dry.
- Place these dentures in a denture cleanser soaking solution or plain water if you’re not wearing them.
- Never use warm water that can lead them to warp.
- Cleaning your dentures daily will remove food debris and help prevent them from getting stained.
To learn more please fill out our Customer contact from today!